Senior Care Assistant Nights
Senior Care Assistant Nights - Cunningham House
Full time - 35 Hours - GBP9.99 Per Hour
Week 1 - 4 Shifts
Week 2 - 3 Shifts
We are looking to recruit a Night Senior Care Assistant who can demonstrate compassion and empathy in their approach to caring for older people, either through previous roles in social care or in other caring environments.
The role of a Care Assistant includes the following tasks:
- Supporting and caring for all residents ensuring that their physical, social, intellectual and emotional needs are met while maintaining dignity, choice, independence and respect.
- Assist as required with social functions at the home.
- To assist with administration of residents care plans, working with the operations manager to ensure the preparation, implementation, review and update of all residents support plans.
- To help residents with mobility problems and other physical disabilities including incontinence and in the use and care of aids and personal equipment.
- Dealing with medical emergencies
- Support and work closely with families and friends offering professional and emotional support sensitively.
- To be flexible with regards to working hours and attend training and development sessions as required.
The following requirements are essential for the role of Senior Care Assistant:
- Proven work experience within a supervisory role within a health or social care setting working with older people
- A relevant NVQ level 2 qualification or equivalent
- Ability to communicate and interact well with people
- Good organisational skills
- To be able to read, write and work with numbers to a good standard
- A good basic understanding of care and care planning skills
- Ability to work using your own initiative and under pressure in a diverse and changing environment
- Ability to effectively support individual colleagues and work as part of a team
- To demonstrate an empathy and understanding of the needs of older people
- Ability to work to a high standard at all times
- A respectful, courteous and compassionate nature
The following requirements are desirable for the role of Senior Care Assistant:
Ideally, some experience in a similar role within the care, health or social care setting, although this is not as essential as your genuine desire to develop a career in this field.
A relevant NVQ Level 2 qualification or equivalent, however if not training will be provided as a requirement of the job role
Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well as part of a dedicated team. A compassionate, can-do person with experience supporting older people. To you, its more than just a job. Its a role where you happily go the extra mile to make a difference to the lives of older people. A belief in giving your personal best at all times
What well offer you in return
- A competitive starting salary
- Child care vouchers
- We cover the cost of your DBS Check
- Comprehensive induction and on-going training and development
- Uniform provided
- Pension and Life Assurance scheme available
About the House
Cunningham House is located in a village in North Weald Bassett, Essex. We are based just on the outskirts of Epping Forest. Our nearest City is Chelmsford. The house has 54 bedrooms, 33 of which are en-suite.
When residents choose Cunningham House, Paul and his team of highly trained and motivated staff believe that they are choosing a lifestyle. This starts with them choosing how they wish to be cared for and supported, and choosing the activities they wish to be involved in. Whether it be enjoying peace and quiet in one of our libraries, choosing to take part in one of our exercise classes with our Personal Trainer, or taking part in one of the many outings that are arranged away from the house.
We recognise the importance of maintaining relationships with family and friends and we support residents in pursuing hobbies and interests by offering a variety of activities from in house entertainment to regular outings.
Who we are
Abbeyfield are a not for profit organisation and we are proud to have celebrated our 60th Year of making time for older people. We have been established since 1956 when the dream of one man, Richard Carr-Gomm, became a reality. He recognised that a lot of older people were both neglected and isolated and he dedicated the rest of his life to building our charity that has been helping thousands of people across Britain and the world.
During our 60 years weve developed Richards dream and our 500+ houses and homes are run by specialist staff that are determined to provide all our residents exceptional standards of help and support. Weve developed just the right formula that allows us to flexibly provide individual levels of assistance when and where theyre needed.
We are proud of the quality of what we do, and not only are we monitored and regulated by the HCA and CQC, but we have implemented our own bespoke quality standard.
You can rest assured that, with Abbeyfield, youre in good hands.
This post is subject to a DBS check.
Please apply online