Register Canvass Assistant
Register Canvass Assistants, Part Time, Fixed Term
Salary - £8.45 per hour
Closing date 22 September 2017
We are looking for some enthusiastic, responsible people to assist the Electoral Services Team to carry out visits to households throughout the Maldon District.
The purpose of these visits is to carry out the statutory duty of the Electoral Registration Officer to encourage the completion and return of Household Enquiry Forms (HEF) and Invitations to Register (ITR).
About this role
- Essential requirements of applicants for these posts include:
- Must be self-motivated and well organised to arrange visits to households within a designated area.
- Good written English and oral communication skills.
- The ability to work at all times required to complete visits allocated including, where needed, at weekends and during evening periods (minimum of 15 hours per week expected).
- A full driving licence and access to own transport (travel expenses may be claimed for approved journeys in compliance with the rules which will include the production of properly completed claims and appropriate fuel receipts).
- Attending the Council Offices periodically or when instructed, to receive training (as required), return completed forms, or to be allocated further work.
- The ability to keep clear and comprehensive records of all visits made and to hold sensitive or confidential information securely.
For an informal discussion about this position
For further information about the role, please click the apply button for contact details about the role.
Complete the application form online. CVs will not be accepted.
Guidance notes for applicants and further documents are available here.
In addition to a competitive salary you will be entitled to participate in the Local Government Pension Scheme, cycle to work scheme, salary sacrifice car lease scheme and will benefit from free parking. You can also receive assistance with child care, discounted local gym membership and payment of one annual professional fee (if applicable). You will also have access to a range of work/life balance policies.
Maldon District Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable groups including children, young people and adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Disclosure and Barring checks will be undertaken according to the responsibilities of the role.
We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds, culture and experience. Applicants will be considered regardless of race, sex, disability or marital status.