Care Assistant & Home Helper
Would you like to make a difference to an older adult in your local area by becoming a Care Assistant & Home Helper? Are you interested in part time hours in the Epping Forest area of Essex?
This is an excellent opportunity to join an award-winning care provider, specialising in companionship and personal care to private clients within their own homes. You will be supporting older people to help them remain independent. You will be helping them achieve this by:
- Assisting them with their morning or bedtime routines
- Prompting to take medication
- Assisting with washing and dressing
- Taking them out shopping or attending local groups
- Attending doctors or hospital appointments
- Preparing meals and being a friend and someone for company
What are the potential hours of a Care Assistant & Home Helper?
Full and part-time hours are available, approximately 10 - 30 per week. If you are available early mornings, lunchtimes and/or afternoons, evenings and every other weekend, then this position is ideal for you.
What are the benefits?
- Making a difference to someone's everyday life is the biggest benefit and motivator for doing this job
- Excellent hourly rate of £9.00 - £18.00 (bank holiday rate)
- Competitive mileage allowance
- Continuous training and support, with ongoing progression
What skills do you need to be a Care Assistant & Home Helper?
Firstly, you will want to make a difference to someone's life and have a big heart!
You can be any age group (over 18) and from any background, there is no upper limit
You will be able to build a relationship and rapport with the person you are paired with
You will also be happy to provide personal care, which may range from assisting with washing and dressing to helping with continence needs.
Ideally, you will also have a UK driving license and access to your own vehicle.
You probably have lots of questions, that is fine once you apply we will give you a call and answer any questions you may have and tell you a lot more.