MI and Reporting Analyst BLUM52321
Our client is recruiting for a MI and Reporting Analyst to be based in Canary Wharf E14 5LQ (UK). This is a permanent and full time role which offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
Our client is a leading provider of transformational services designed to improve the performance and efficiency of buildings, industry, infrastructure and cities. Across the public, private and healthcare sectors, their teams work closely with customers to provide integrated solutions by utilising their strengths in technical services, facilities management and business processes, often combining these with its energy expertise.
The operations encompass 14,000 customer sites that include over 1,400 government buildings, 20 hospitals and 8 nuclear power stations. In every case, they add value to customers' operations while helping to reduce their costs and carbon footprint.
Purpose of the Job
Under guidance from the Senior Cost Planner you will work with the wider Estimating function to develop and maintain an up to date suite of MI data and reports that can be used to identify and highlight potential and emerging trends, and problems, along with proposed solutions. To provide senior management with accurate, meaningful and relevant management information that enables timely business decisions to be made that supports the delivery of their growth ambitions.
As their MI and Data Analyst you will be working for the Senior Cost Planner and alongside the Estimating Team; together with ambitious, innovative and highly motivated individuals from across the business to achieve the department's objectives.
The MI and Data Analysts role will be to implement and proactively manage processes and reporting procedures across the department to help inform key decision making through providing accurate and timely data. The role incorporates all aspects of data (financial and non-financial) collation, analysis and report preparation.
• You will provide both regular reporting as agreed and support the team in any ad-hoc requests for data
• Ensure continuous improvement of data quality through both trend and root cause analysis
• Monitor the quality of data received and make sure that it is kept up to date and accurate at all time
• Provide data assurance and validation including regular reporting
• The use of Salesforce and its reporting function's to support the wider teams objectives and sales performance targets
• Assist the Bid Manager and Operations Managers with all commercial and contractual queries
• Maintain awareness of the FM industry in general and the various contracts in use
• Contribute business improvement/efficiency ideas and initiatives
• Detail-focussed, analytical and effective in communicating at all levels
• Practical, logical and methodical approach to work
• Creative and innovative approach to problem-solving
• Good reporting skills
• Ability to produce work of a high standard to strict deadlines and with limited supervision.
Outcome, Results and Key Performance Indicators
• The production of daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports that support the business in achieving its wider objectives
• Clear, concise and documented MI and Data processes in place
• The ability to run and verify ad-hoc reports for the wider team
• A proactive approach to identifying and highlighting emerging trends and potential risks along with appropriate proposed solutions.
Dimensions of Job
• Working across UK wide Opportunities
• Working with the wider Business Development Central Function
• Working across both the Private Sector and Cities and Communities.
A degree in a relevant accountancy / analytical / mathematics discipline (or equivalent experience desirable but not essential).
Knowledge and Skills
• Strong financial acumen with an ability to analyse complex data and documentation with accuracy
• Ability to present proposal, both internally and externally, in a professional manner and with a full understanding of the delivery solution put forward; including validation of information
• Able to support the production of presentation data with written explanation for the use in both internal and external meetings
• Knowledge of the Hard/Soft FM process and an understanding of how Services with Energy can be promoted
• Good organisational skills, flexibility to travel with the ability to work to tight deadlines on multiple projects
• Ability to manage own workload and prioritise effectively to meet tight deadlines
• PC literate with sound experience of working with Excel, Access, Word and PowerPoint.
• Strong time management skills to manage projects with aggressive and time-sensitive deadlines
• Attention to detail and accuracy throughout the process
• Good people management skills; a team player who thrives in a fast paced environment
• At least two years' experience in MI and Data Analysis
• A high level working knowledge of Excel including Pivot tables, SUMIF functions and VLOOKUPS.
Collaborating: Role will be a key member of the Business Development team, in addition regular interface with colleagues in other functions (Commercial, legal , HR etc.). The ability to communicate across teams is essential
Commercial: A strong understanding of the commercial proposition of each bid and the subsequent financial impact and risk associated to that position.
Contributing: As a member of the ‘project team' for bids positive contribution to the wider bid strategy is both valued and expected. This is in addition to the core responsibility of ensuring that bids are financially compliant and that risks and opportunities are adequately presented for board review.
Leading: Act as the SME (subject matter expert) for all cost model related issues that arise as part of the bidding lifecycle.
Influencing: The role will be client facing in the form of competitive dialogue attendance and client presentations. The ability to clearly explain cost build up and concepts to finance and non-financial clients is essential.
Planning: The ability to plan ahead and manage expectations is vital as this role involves working across multiple projects/bids at any one time.
For this role you must have evidence of right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. Our client does not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and they welcome applications from all sections of the community.
This is a Blue Octopus Recruitment Ltd vacancy who are operating as an employment agency. Once you have clicked to apply for this vacancy, we will then send you more information on the role including a copy of the application form via email.
Apply for MI and Reporting Analyst BLUM52321
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly